Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Scrap the project in the previous post. It proves that too much mods make up a hefty sum.

I'll be content with just these next two modifications. Heck, it'll probably be the last 2 modifications to my current ride if I'm switching rides next year. But all's still too early to tell right? Hence this conclusion.

First modification :

Sebring Exhaust System, though set at a high price of about $800, it is fully LTA compliant and comes with a Cert. to verify it, in case any TP/ROV stops you for that large twin-chrome tailpipe and loveable loud bassy-sounding exhaust note. This modification although will cut me back at the low-end torque for an Auto transmission ride, the bassy note alone is worth all that. Hey, it's a 1.6 litre, I'm not aiming for 0-100, so why care about low-end torque anyways.

Second modification :

Eibach Lowering Springs, engineered and tested to work well with OEM dampers albeit the high price of $440 can come across as somewhat expensive to some. (Whoever said tuning cars were cheap ought to be shot!) This one, improves road handling for my ride. High centre of gravity = poor handling and 'floating'. Once lowered from 30mm-50mm, it will give the once "cutesy" Getz a more menacing stance and stability I strive for when I do a quick corner. Have no fear! Lowered rides gives a stable corner exit and handling improves drastically. Couple this sports springs with that bassy exhaust note the Sebring gives, it matches wellto give a more European feel to the Getz than a mere Korean domestic car. But please do keep in mind, that the Getz was engineered to be originally, a budget-family car. So don't expect too much out of it. Especially since mine is an Auto, the acceleration of 0-100, is somewhat a laughing stock. And no, I'm not putting my ride down. I am just stating mere facts. Any idiot can read the brochure.

Do bear in mind this anyways, "It's the rider, not the ride." (Quote taken from Tokyo Drift, in case any of you were wondering where you heard that sentence before.)
In any case, it proves all to be true. Buy this month's HotWheels car mag, and they'll prove. A Kia Picanto and Suzuki hot hatch giving the makes of Evo(s) and Wrx(s) a hard time on the twists and turns. See? It's the rider, not the ride. Hah.

I didn't know Mazda 3 had a 2.0 Litre version. It seems quite attractive... A hatch while being in the 2.0 Litre range really allures me. It can be sporty yet practical (Read: 4 doors). Who knows! I might forgo the Tuscani, RX-8, WRX, Integra and go ahead with the Mazda 3 2.0 Litre sedan! Wooo! Ok ok.. I know it isn't a performance car. But hrmm, since when was I looking for a performance car anyways? (Although really tempting.. Imagine a rotary... or a turbo... woooo!) Anytime I need a "Sports Coupe", I can always drive my Dad's Coupe, the Mercedes Benz CLS 350 which does the 0-100 in 7 seconds flat.

So, there really IS alot to consider. I would certainly love to go all out and modify my current ride. But come to think of it, it really isn't worth doing ALL the modifications. I'll just be satisfied with the above two. Because at the end of the day, this ride won't last long on me. This I can sincerely assure you, even though I've grown to love my Getz as much as I love blogging. I'd rather be off spending MUCH more on my next ride, which will prove to be more worth than my cute Korean car.

There ya go fellas'! My thoughts and my words. I'd better get back to studying for my Quality and Reliability Semestral Paper tomorrow. I don't wanna fail it! So see ya all later folks'!

Last two papers, Satellite and Optical Communications, and Organisational Management on Friday. Then it'll be off to MoS at night to celebrate the end of my exams! And the start of the next torment, the Final Year Project (Damn it!).

Whatever the case is, I bid you all, a nice drift day ahead, and take care! Till we meet again my brother(s) and sister(s)!


Ji